Our research unit is always looking forward to engage in exciting new research with students and researchers from all over the world. So if you are interested in joining us, do not hesitate to contact us!
We are looking for people with:
- A strong interest in solving urban problems with a focus on transportation
- Problem solving abilities and drive to find, on their own initiative, the answers to questions and problems that arise during the course of a research project
- Quantitative analysis skills (i.e. knowledge of statistics, econometrics, etc)*
- Programming skills (We mainly use R, Java, and/or Python, but other languages are also OK)*
*Basic quantitative and programming analysis is enough, provided they have a strong incentive to further strengthen these skills in the future.
When contacting us, let us know:
- About yourself（CV, academic record）
- Why you are interested in our research unit
- What kind of research topics are you interested in
- What kind of analytical skills do you possess
- Evidence of research experience, if any (Journal articles, conference proceedings, thesis summary, executive summary of a project you participated in, etc.)
*Note that official admission procedures are conducted via the admissions department of the School of Engineering.
The department will allocate a limited number of scholarships by recommending candidates to scholarship organizations, MEXT (Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology) and Asian Development Bank.
More information on the department of urban engineering’s website.